Brunswick Youth and Community Centre is dedicated to helping people in Bootle, Sefton, and beyond, with their education, training, and employment.
This is how we help.
- Jamie Carragher, the former Liverpool and England football player, based his Sports and Learning Academy at The Brunny. The Academy provides football coach education through BTEC courses open to 16-19 year old school leavers.
- We host a unique Liverpool Tamil School, for members of the Sri Lankan community. This school has over 150 enthusiastic members from Sefton and further afield. Our students learn from qualified teachers about Sri Lankan culture, language, and heritage. Click here to read all about it.
- We have partnered with One Vision Housing to host a FREE OVH Job Club. The club provides OVH tenants with expert help to prepare for, and find, work.
- MYA Talent Match is a Big Lottery funded initiative aimed at 18-24 year olds who have been out of work, education, or training for over 12 months. We host a FREE drop-in for young people to meet with the Talent Match mentor and get help to develop their own “golden ticket” for the future.
- Our various clubs, including the Junior Kids Club, Senior Youth Club, Girls Group, ADHD Group, Brownies etc. all help with young people’s education and personal development. This can range from formal education by qualified teachers, to informal learning, such as that provided by our volunteers in the garden.
Click on the links to read more about our education, training, and employment programmes or contact us.
Education, Training, and Employment Aim
These activities fulfil our charitable aims and the vision of our mission statement, which says:
The Brunswick Youth and Community Centre’s vision is for a safer, stronger and more cohesive community, with opportunities for self-development and growth being accessible by all members of our community, to work to enhance the quality of life for the residents of Bootle and South Sefton.
Call us on 0151 922 3552, or call in to the Centre at 104 Marsh Lane, Bootle, for more information.
Click for a map and directions.