The Junior Kids Club at Bootle’s Brunswick Youth and Community Centre (“The Brunny”) is a great way for kids to get involved in a wide range of activities. Read on for more information or call us on 0151 922 3552.
What You Need-to-Know About the Junior Kids Club
We offer the Junior Kids Club to children aged between 6-11 as part of our Children and Young People programme.
The club is based at Brunswick Youth and Community Centre. Contact us for directions. We take kids from all locations, not just Bootle and Sefton.
Club hours vary depending on the time of year:
- During school-time, our Junior Kids Club is open from 3:15pm to 5pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and from 11am to 1pm on Saturdays (on Saturdays until 1 April 2016).
- During half term and holidays, the club is open between 10am-4pm.
The cost also varies, depending on where the club is held and the activity:
- Normal sessions are 50p each per child. These are held at Brunswick Youth and Community Centre.
- The cost of sessions away from The Brunny varies. Call us on 0151 922 3552 for up-to-date details.
Children are given a light snack and drink during the sessions at The Brunny. Food at sessions away from The Brunny varies depending on the activity.
The Club is run by Sara Bowden and her colleagues. Our Junior Kids Club team are trained youth workers, apprentices, and volunteers.
PLEASE NOTE: All children must be brought in and collected by a parent or legal guardian.
If this is not possible, relatives, friends of parents, or older siblings can drop off or collect children by prior arrangement with Club organisers.
Junior Kids Club Activities
Children get involved in a wide range of activities both at The Brunny and off-site. Here’s just a few of the things our club members do.
Activities at The Brunny
- We have a state-of-the-art outdoor play area at the Brunswick Youth and Community Centre. This includes high-quality climbing equipment and a boat which was designed by Junior Kids Club members and specially built for us by master shipbuilders at Cammell Lairds.
- Sports, including
- “wide games” (e.g British bulldogs)
- Sports, including:
- indoor cricket
- table tennis
- Arts and crafts
- Video games consoles
- Informal education to promote health and wellbeing (nutrition and active lifestyles).
Activities Away from Brunswick Youth and Community Centre
Half-term and holidays give us more time to plan outdoor activities away from The Brunny. These offer education, fun, and the chance for the kids to burn some energy! Trips we have taken in the past include:
Joining the Junior Kids Club
Parents should complete a simple Registration Form for their children to join the Club. (Click here to download it.)
Pass the form in to the office at The Brunny. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have. Call us on 0151 922 3552 and ask for Amy McLoughlin.